Update day: 05-12-2023
Category: Transport / Logistics / Warehouse
OPAL-RT Technologies is looking for a Team leader - Simulation and modeling in Bangalore
About OPAL-RT Technologies:
Imagine working for a company with customers including TATA, NASA, Bombardier, ABB, EMBRAER, MIT, GE, Ford, GM, NREL and Hydro-Québec!! OPAL-RT’s ambitious challenge is to fully democratize simulation, making it affordable and accessible to every engineer and researcher. Joining the OPAL-RT family means you will be helping to develop the technology of the future.
OPAL-RT is a recognized leader in diverse and powerful applications. The company’s tools are used in a wide variety of fields, including, automotive, aerospace, energy, transportation, and industrial manufacturing. Established in Quebec and bolstered by a global presence, OPAL-RT is always looking to the future.
The Application eXpertise and Electric Simulation (AXES) department of OPAL-RT in brief:
- Expert services in modeling, specialized testing, advanced training and industry consulting
- Collaborative R&D projects with research labs and universities
- Advisory role towards other departments of the company (sales, marketing, R&D)
- Advanced customer support
- Perform technological watch, attend in conferences and present technical papers, participate in international working groups
Related fields of application:
- Power system generation, transmission, and distribution
- Micro-grids, distributed renewable energies, “smart-grid”
- FACTS and HVDC
- Power electronics, motor drives and advanced controls
- Control, protection, and monitoring of electrical networks
- On-board electric systems / transportation (planes, boats, electric vehicles, etc.)
Summary of the position:
The candidate will lead a team of experts in simulation and modeling, real-time simulation and HIL testing in Bangalore, India. The team leader will be under the administrative authority of the OPAL-RT India Managing Director and achieve his role under the supervision of the Director of AXES International. She/he will also get to work with different experts and leaders in the R&D department in Montreal, Canada.
Achievements and stimulating challenges:
As part of the Application eXpertise and Electric Simulation (AXES) department, the AXES India Team Leader will play a key role as the reference expert in India and as an inspiring leader to the team of experts in projects involving real-time simulation, modeling, Hardware-in-the-Loop testing and consulting services. The selected candidate will have the ability to leverage their industry experience to work in and supervise complex projects involving modeling for real-time simulation. The team leader will have an advisory role towards local market sales support and will participate in various technology dissemination activities such as in conferences where she/he will present technical papers. The team leader will collaborate closely with the AXES Director in Montreal as well as with key stakeholders and experts of all other departments.
Key Responsibilities – Management Role:
- Responsible for the quality of the work achieved by the team and all deliverables
- Promotes good work ethics, taste for incremental innovation and sensitiveness to quality within the team
- Supervises the operations of her/his technical team
- Assessment, training, mentoring and orientation of team members
- Ensures an efficient process that meets the objectives of higher management
- Follows and reports project progress/status of his team to the director and other stakeholders
Key Responsibilities – Technical Leadership and Project Execution Role:
- Participate in and lead projects involving modeling and simulation of power electronics / power system applications. Developing mathematical models of power converter systems, associated controllers, electric machines, etc., suitable for real-time simulation using either CPU or FPGA based simulators.
- Actively participate in various stages of a project life cycle starting with estimation, through execution, and finishing up with validation and documentation. Actively participate in discussions within the organization among different departments/teams. Participate in the development and improvement of OPAL-RT model libraries.
- Propose innovative solutions to address challenges pertaining to the real-time simulation, hardware-in-the-loop and power hardware-in-the-loop simulations.
- Prepare technical papers and reports.
- Supports simulator and service sales in India and participates in representation activities
- Contributes as a technical lead in his area of expertise and within the Indian market
- Education : Masters or PhD in Electrical Engineering.
- Experience : Minimum 10 years of relevant experience. Minimum 5 years in a leadership role.
- Required knowledge : Advanced EMT modeling and simulation of power electronics applications and/or power system applications. Advanced working experience with simulation tools such as MATLAB/Simulink, EMTP, PSCAD, DigSilent. Good knowledge of phasor simulation tools such as PSS/E. Experience in control and/or model development on FPGAs. Advanced understanding and experience of real-time simulation and hardware-in-the-loop.
- Significant assets:Experience with OPAL-RT simulation software and platforms (eMEGAsim, HYPERSIM, ePHASORSIM, eHS, RT-XSG).
- Required skills: Strong technical leadership and Mentoring capabilities, project management, customer oriented and results oriented, Strong communication skills and professional relation building capabilities, Great sense of initiative, adaptability in a fast pace working environment, rigor, determination, analytical capability
- Language abilities:English (required)
Click to apply for free candidate
⏰ 10-01-2024🌏 Baddi, Himachal Pradesh
⏰ 10-01-2024🌏 Rajkot, Gujrat
⏰ 10-01-2024🌏 Ludhiana, Punjab
⏰ 10-01-2024🌏 Pondicherry, Union Territories
⏰ 10-01-2024🌏 Daman and Diu, Union Territories
⏰ 10-01-2024🌏 Belgaum, Karnataka
⏰ 10-01-2024🌏 Daman and Diu, Union Territories
⏰ 10-01-2024🌏 Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh
⏰ 10-01-2024🌏 Siliguri, West Bengal
⏰ 10-01-2024🌏 Panchkula, Haryana