Sr. Test Engineer
Location: Chennai Tamil Nadu
Category: High Technology Mechanical / Technical Pharmaceutical / Chemical / Biotech Maintenance Executive management
Industry: Financial Services
The Senior Test Engineer is responsible for testing various components within a system. They will conduct test activities in functional test environments prior to the release of application code into SIT/UAT environments. Individual will write/execute test cases & scripts and works with development team to resolve identified issues. Providing support and assistance to Test Engineer/Senior Test Engineer/Analyst/Test Leads during the software development lifecycle (SDLC) ensuring all processes and procedures are followed as detailed in the Test Strategy and Test Plans. Work closely with EQ onshore in providing the extended support.
The Equiniti ICS business provides large scale solutions to major corporate clients and public sector organisations. The Perito Case Management Practice is responsible for the development and support of scalable, flexible, and customised case management solutions. The Perito Case solution handles over 4.5 million cases per annum and incorporates cutting edge, market leading technologies for process, document and database management.
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
Successful candidate will be responsible for the following duties
- Supporting planning documentation from requirements Specifications/User Stories/Requirements
- Identifies/creates data for different testing phases.
- Manual Test execution while accurately recording and storing test results
- Having Manual and Automation Test Certification is an advantage.
- Fully understand how all aspects of their work integrates with the rest of the SDLC
- Support the Agile testing process, attending daily stand-ups and ownership of individual user stories
- Implementing scheduled tests, execution and logging the tests and evaluating the results and documenting any deviations from expected results
- Perform peer reviews of the test cases/scripts prepared by other team members
- Raise queries and collaborate to resolve queries with Development Team/Subject Matter Experts
- Be a point of contact for effective dialogue with UK colleagues to resolve any clarifications and queries
- Change control to original requirements for impact analysis and capture these changes within a traceability matrix or within TFS
- Defect retesting, fault reviews and defect analysis of any issues raised
- Provide testing expertise for the UI testing of Web and mobile devices
- Mentor/Trains juniors to upskill them in both technical and functional..
- Experience in Test Automation tools such as Selenium (Java, C#), CUIT, HP QTP is an asset.
- Provide technical testing guidance for multiple browser testing and device testing (operating systems), supporting risks and coverage reviews
- A strong background in working with Agile testing process
- A good understanding of test methods, covering - system testing, regression testing, exploratory testing, negative testing and platform testing
- Assists immediate lead in preparation of all QA Deliverables
- Exposure to Non functional testing (Performance, Volume, Accessibility etc.) is an added advantage.
- Exposure to Automation Testing is desirable.
- Should be willing to work in UK Shift hours.
Skills Attributes and Behaviour
Successful candidate should demonstrate the following skills and behaviour
- Must have experience of working in a development team that follows SDLC
- Experience/Exposure to database SQL Server, Microsoft office.
- Highly flexible, including willingness to work away from home base.
- Interacts with and influence immediate colleagues and should have more influence in own domain.
- Should perform a range of varied work activities in a variety of structured environments.
- Understands and uses appropriate methods, tools and applications. Demonstrates a rational and organised approach to work.
- Should have sufficient communication skills for effective dialogue with colleagues
- Can rapidly absorb new technical information and apply it effectively.
- A good team player capable of delivering results in less than perfect circumstances.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships. Please note any offer of employment is subject to satisfactory pre-employment screening checks.
Click to apply for free candidate
⏰ 29-04-2023🌏 Chennai, Tamil Nadu
💸 ₹10,000 - ₹15,000 a month⏰ 18-04-2023🌏 Chennai, Tamil Nadu
💸 ₹10,000 - ₹20,000 a month⏰ 24-04-2023🌏 Chennai, Tamil Nadu
⏰ 22-04-2023🌏 Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu
⏰ 13-04-2023🌏 Chennai, Tamil Nadu
⏰ 22-04-2023🌏 Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu
⏰ 28-04-2023🌏 Chennai, Tamil Nadu
⏰ 18-04-2023🌏 Chennai, Tamil Nadu
⏰ 24-04-2023🌏 Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu
⏰ 27-04-2023🌏 Chennai, Tamil Nadu