Update day: 05-12-2023
Category: Printing / Publishing
Industry: Information Technology
What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a team with a no-limits mindset that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We’re the world’s leading research and advisory company that steers clients toward the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment with exceptional training and career development. If you like working with a curious, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is the place for you.
Interested in learning more, view and register for any of our upcoming recruiting events here!
About this role:
The Cloud Center of Excellence is responsible for developing Gartner’s capabilities in automating and streamlining IT infrastructure processes and DevOps tasks while improving Gartner’s self service capabilities using public cloud platforms and open-source technologies. The Sr. Software Engineer will play a key role in the direction of the cloud solutions, enabling development teams, DevOps teams and ensuring operational uptime of cloud-based software built by internal teams or third-parties.
What you’ll do:
- 5+ years of hand-on experience in AWS services architecture and governance using built in services as well as external tools like Custodian. Experience with python and CDK required.
- Expertise in Amazon cloud infrastructure management, Lambdas, step functions, stacks, codedeploy, and other automation options.
- Create and maintain documentation of enterprise infrastructure topology and system configurations
- Come up with OS image automation and patching strategy.
- Monitor and optimize system performance taking both proactive and reactive measures to correct and prevent issues
- Serve as an escalation for internal support staff to resolve issues
- Coordinate with internal staff and schedule maintenance activities, including upgrades
- Work with the DevOps Engineering team to build/use automation tools to provide a fast, compliant list of cloud operations.
- Work closely with App Dev teams to provision and manage cloud infrastructure.
- Implement and oversee Security policy, monitoring, guidelines and compliance for our Cloud Services.
- Create and manage monitoring and alerting processes and procedures to ensure actionable alerts are generated, operated on, and lead to problems being eliminated before impacting customers.
- Optimize AWS/Azure billing by Right Sizing instances, select/manage reserved instances with tools such as CloudHealth and/or CloudNative.
- Focus on building automation to promote platform hygiene and operation excellence
What you’ll need:
- MS or BS degree in computer science or related focus, or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of experience in Software and/or Infrastructure, with a desired 5+ years in a relevant cloud, automation, and orchestration.
- Knowledge of Agile approaches to software development and able to put key Agile principles into practice to deliver solutions incrementally.
- Knowledge of workflows, publishing, analytics, portal, mobile, big data, cloud and other leading edge technologies
- Excellent analytical thinking, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills with strong ability to influence both IT and business partners
- Ability to prioritize and manage work to critical project timelines in a fast-paced environment
- Experience delivering solutions in a complex, globally distributed infrastructure
- Expertise with both Linux and Windows technologies and their use in delivering secure, highly available, mission critical enterprise-class solutions
- Demonstrable experience delivering automation and other optimization techniques to modernize infrastructure
- Experience working in a continuous delivery environment.
- Experience managing and implementing Cloud architectures in a DevOps/Agile methodology
- Experience facilitating incident management and system recovery efforts.
- Experience with operating system scripting such as ansible/packer, programming languages, agile project management practices
- Proven ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, iterative development environment
Who you are:
- Enthusiastic about learning new techniques, strong analytical and problem-solving skill
- Good judgment, prompt decision-making ability, responsibility, and accountability
- Commitment to team work as both a contributor and a leader
- Excellent communication, analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills
What we offer:
In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner associates enjoy exceptional compensation and benefits, including:
- An upbeat, positive culture. Integrity, objectivity, collaboration, results and a no-limits mindset are central to our values
- Limitless growth. We work with you to help you meet your goals and advance within the company
- Encouragement to be innovative and challenge status quo
- Exposure to industry leading training and development
- Performance based recognition and rewards
Who are we:
Gartner is the world’s leading research and advisory company, offering information, advice and tools for business leaders. We provide objective and invaluable insights to our C-level executive clients, where we guide them to achieve the mission-critical priorities of their organization. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and now employ over 17,000 associates globally and support 12,000 clients in more than 100 countries.
Our awards and accolades:
- Fortune World’s Most Admired Companies 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 & 2020
- Forbes America’s Best Employers 2018, 2019; Best Management Consulting Firms 2017, 2018, 2019
- Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index Best Places to Work for LBGTQ Equality 2018, 2019 & 2020
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at 203-964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com.Job Requisition ID:58104
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.
Click to apply for free candidate
⏰ 27-12-2023🌏 Faridabad, Haryana
⏰ 19-12-2023🌏 Hisar, Haryana
⏰ 19-12-2023🌏 Karnal, Haryana
⏰ 25-12-2023🌏 Panipat, Haryana