Update day: 05-12-2023
Position Type :Full time
Type Of Hire :Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :Bachelor of Computer Science
Travel Percentage :0%
Database Analyst Senior – 3-10 yrs - Bangalore
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team:
FIS Digital One encompasses several integrated banking modules that will deliver an omni- channel banking experience for our customers and their employees, with a unified user experience and real-time access to customer, account and transactional data across all banking channels.
What you will be doing
- Establishes database management systems, standards, guidelines and quality assurance for database deliverables, such as conceptual design, logical database, capacity planning, external data interface specification, data loading plan, data maintenance plan and security policy.
- Evaluates, designs, codes, implements, optimizes and modifies databases and database applications with respect to JCL, access methods, access time, device allocation, validation checks, organization, protection and security, documentation and statistical methods.
- May build windows, screens and reports and assist in the design of user interface and business application prototypes.
- Participates in quality assurance and develops test application code in client server environment.
- Provides expertise in devising, negotiating and defending the tables and fields provided in the database.
- Adapts business requirements, developed by business systems analysts/modeling/development staff and develops data, database specifications and table and element attributes for an application.
- Models databases and develops tables, stored procedures, views, triggers and other database objects.
- Maintains database dictionaries, monitors overall database standards and procedure, and integrates systems through database design.
- Works closely with other developers to integrate databases with other applications.
- May provide leadership and/or guidance to other technical professionals.
- Other related duties assigned as needed.
What you bring:
- Expertise on SQL and PL/ SQL skills
- Experience in Oracle 10g/11g DBA and above is required
- Expert level knowledge in Oracle. In particular, exposure to standby databases, 10g/Oracle 11G
- RAC, performance tuning, SQL tuning.
- Knowledge of SSIS & PowerShell would be an added Advantage.
- Willing to work in the highly challenging production environment.
- Experience in a UNIX & Windows environment is mandatory.
- Good knowledge of shell scripting is desirable.
- Extensive experience in Database installation, configuration, tuning and troubleshooting.
- Expected to provide hands-on production database support and database project support.
- Provides performance assessment and tuning as related to the operating system, the database, and disk subsystem.
- Provides technical support working with technical managers, developers, system administrators and architects.
- Participate in the evaluation and recommendation of DBA tools and new DBMS technologies.
- Perform proactive maintenance & patching in production & non-production
Educational Qualification: B.E/B.Tech/MCA/M.S/M.Tech
Added Bonus if you have:
- Knowledge of FIS’ products and services
- Knowledge of banking or Financial services industry
What we offer you:
- A range of benefits designed to help support your lifestyle and wellbeing
- A multi-faceted job with a broad spectrum of responsibilities
- A modern international work environment and a dedicated and innovative team
- A broad range of professional education and personal development possibilities – FIS is your final career step
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.
Click to apply for free candidate
⏰ 19-01-2024🌏 Shimoga, Karnataka
⏰ 19-01-2024🌏 Mysore, Karnataka
⏰ 02-01-2024🌏 Dharwad, Karnataka
⏰ 31-12-2023🌏 Shimoga, Karnataka
⏰ 02-01-2024🌏 Hubli, Karnataka