Software Development Manager III
Location: Pune Maharashtra
Category: High Technology IT - Software Part-time
Industry: Marketing Advertising Information Technology Services Computer Software
Position: Mid-Senior level
Job type: Part-time
Salary: View Detail
Job contentDiscovery, Inc. is a global leader in real life entertainment, serving a passionate audience of super-fans around the world with content that inspires, informs and entertains. Discovery delivers over 8,000 hours of original programming each year and has category leadership across deeply loved content genres around the world.
Available in 230 countries and territories and 50 languages, Discovery delivers over 8,000 hours of original programming each year and has category leadership across deeply loved content genres around the world, reaching over 3 Billion viewers on all screens including TV, Digital and Mobile.
Discovery is a platform innovator evolving to become a direct-to-consumer leader to reaching viewers across all screens through TV Everywhere products such as the GO portfolio of apps and Discovery Kids Play; direct-to-consumer streaming services such as Eurosport Player and Motor Trend OnDemand; and digital-first and social content from Spoon University and Genius Kitchenas well as Group Nine Media, which is home to brands including The Dodo, NowThis, Thrillist and Seeker. Discovery’s portfolio of premium brands includes Discovery Channel, HGTV, Food Network, TLC, Investigation Discovery, Travel Channel, Turbo/Velocity, Animal Planet, and Science Channel, as well as OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network in the U.S., Discovery Kids in Latin America, and Eurosport, the leading provider of locally relevant, premium sports and Home of the Olympic Games across Europe.
Discovery also has a strong portfolio of free-to-air channels across Europe making it a leading broadcaster in a number of countries, including Norway, Sweden, Italy, Poland, Germany and the UK. As a purpose-driven company, we are dedicated to not only entertaining but inspiring.
For 30 years we have told stories that entertain, inspire and enlighten our viewers around the world, about the world. But our work doesn’t stop there. We are committed to making the world a better place by leveraging our market-leading global platform, and by extending the reach and influence of like-minded organizations and causes. We also are dedicated to employee volunteerism across the globe.
The Direct to Consumer Group is a global technology company within the Discovery brand. We are building a global streaming video platform (OTT), a global ad tech platform, and a suite of applications to support all our network’s brands globally. We are building modern container-based microservices operated on AWS. Our platform covers everything from search, catalog, video transcoding, personalization, to global subscriptions, ad tech, and much more. We build user experiences ranging from classic lean-back viewing to interactive learning applications. We build for connected TVs, web, mobile phones, tablets, and consoles for a large footprint of Discovery-owned networks (Discovery, Food Network, Golf TV, Motor Trend, Eurosport, Discovery Play, and many more) This is a growing, global engineering group crucial to Discovery’s future.
DTC India is an emerging center of excellence for Ad tech, Video distribution platforms, and Machine learning. With its development center in Pune and Bangalore, DTC India is a key contributor to the global Discovery strategy.
We are hiring a senior software development manager to join our team. The team works on Ad tech, building high-performance, highly scalable backend software systems that impact the user experience and revenue strategy of the company.
The ideal candidate has risen the ranks as an excellent hands-on engineer building and shipping high-performance, highly scalable backend software systems. You have a strong understanding of software engineering, computer science concepts and now have a strong liking for people management and delivery skills. You will be leading a team of very talented SDE-1/2/3s to deliver solid quality output. You are an inspiring leader and have the vision to build a strong engineering team that consistently delivers on quality output with the right delivery estimates. Your approach to work is exemplary: you are a stickler for processes, have passion for innovation, drive best practices, and are looked upon as a reliable leader and mentor by your subordinates.
He will coordinate with external teams as needed to keep his team unblocked from external dependencies and deliver results as per timeline.
You are excellent in your communication and can coordinate and collaborate with stakeholders like Directors of Engineering, Product Managers, Technical Program Managers, Architects from the same as well as different teams. The person should be open to communicate on calls with the US and Europe
stakeholders for coordination (keep in mind odd timings of the same) and should be open to travel if needed.
- You have worked in a rapidly changing environment and thrive in a startup environment and are proficient in dealing with ambiguity
- You understand a broad range of computer science concepts and know-how, when, and when not to use them.
- You can dive deep into a wide range of technical problems offering suggestions and feedback to your team.
- 10 years of professional experience architecting, developing, and launching software products and/or services.
- 5 years of experience managing successful engineering teams including hiring and performance management.BS/MS in Computer Science or a related technical field
- You are the delivery manager of your pod for the sprint.
- You will ensure the agile process is followed and sprint deliverables are completed by the end of the sprint. Also, the quality of the deliverable is maintained.
- You will work with external stake owners like the product team / TPMs / Architects to ensure your team is not stuck on anything during the implementation.
- You are excellent at project management, working on tools, conducting analysis and reports to ensure the best output is delivered by the team
- You are a good judge of people and can delegate and get the best out of your team members. You are excellent at tracking activities and at ensuring accountability.
- You will ensure proper documentation is in place for every deliverable.
- You own the system till the end of its lifecycle. Hence all the handovers, knowledge transfers of functional requirement specifications, implementation details, design details are owned by you for maintenance.
- You are the owner of the production system when your team’s code goes to production. You must ensure all necessary monitoring, health check, quality matrices are added and monitored properly when it goes live.
- You will take proactive measures if you see any issues with these monitors. You will also handle coordination between dev-ops and the support team
Click to apply for free candidate
⏰ 13-04-2023🌏 Ahmednagar, Maharashtra
⏰ 28-04-2023🌏 Pune, Maharashtra
💸 ₹10,000 - ₹28,000 a month⏰ 15-04-2023🌏 Mumbai, Maharashtra
⏰ 14-04-2023🌏 Pune, Maharashtra
⏰ 27-04-2023🌏 Mumbai, Maharashtra
⏰ 20-04-2023🌏 Tarapur, Maharashtra
💸 From ₹10,000 a month⏰ 16-04-2023🌏 Mumbai, Maharashtra
💸 ₹18,000 - ₹25,000 a month⏰ 12-04-2023🌏 Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra
⏰ 26-04-2023🌏 Pune, Maharashtra
⏰ 12-04-2023🌏 Thane, Maharashtra