Update day: 05-12-2023
Thales people architect identity management and data protection solutions at the heart of digital security. Business and governments rely on us to bring trust to the billons of digital interactions they have with people. Our technologies and services help banks exchange funds, people cross borders, energy become smarter and much more. More than 30,000 organizations already rely on us to verify the identities of people and things, grant access to digital services, analyze vast quantities of information and encrypt data to make the connected world more secure.
Present in India since 1953, Thales is headquartered in Noida, Uttar Pradesh, and has operational offices and sites spread across Bengaluru, Delhi, Gurugram, Hyderabad, Mumbai, Pune among others. Over 1800 employees are working with Thales and its joint ventures in India. Since the beginning, Thales has been playing an essential role in India’s growth story by sharing its technologies and expertise in Defence, Transport, Aerospace and Digital Identity and Security markets.
Job Description – Senior Engineer
Job Title : Senior Engineer
Location : Noida, India
Reports to : Engineering Manager
Contract Type: Full Time Employment
Thales is a global leader in data protection and cybersecurity. Thales offers the only complete enterprise encryption portfolio that provides persistent protection of sensitive data at all critical points in its lifecycle. From the physical and virtual data center to the cloud, our solutions help organizations remain protected, compliant, and in control of their data.
As a member of a dynamic engineering team, the ideal candidate will have the opportunity to contribute to and influence the design of new features, keep abreast of features being rolled out in major new releases of Windows operating systems and work in the area of file systems, storage stack, clustering, security and solutions for cloud security. The overall focus of the R&D group is on competitive market and customer requirements, technology advances, product quality, product cost and time-to-market. Software engineers focus on enhancements to existing products as well as new product development.
Job Responsibilities / Key Areas of Responsibility
- Specify, design, and implement and port cross-platform kernel software, mostly at the file system and storage level layers.
- Design code with special attention to performance and correctness
- Own the architecture/design of transparent encryption features, do necessary research, make design decisions, contribute to implementation and review.
- Participate in planning of encryption portfolio product releases in alignment with the product management. Assess risk in time, set up mitigation plan and communicate effectively with stakeholders.
- Have mind-set to challenge and be challenged to build a robust and future ready solution. Perform research of relevant standards (e.g. NFS, CIFS, and POSIX) and technologies (such as virtual machine architectures, evolution of processor architectures, new file system technologies, security and encryption) and design products that integrate seamlessly into the emerging ecosystems and conform to standards.
- Contribute in enhancement and adaptation of the product design with existing and new market trends.
- Keep Strong control on quality, security and completeness of the product deliveries. Work with the system test team to define test plans, troubleshoot and resolve software defects
- Keep up-to-date and flexible with technologies in the field of encryption, security, and infrastructure.
- Strong technical skills to mentor and build a solid technical team in open and challenging environment.
- Manage the critical customer escalations while having direct interaction with technical customers.
- Be an influencer in development of knowledge sharing as a culture.
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s or, Master’s degree in computer science or, related discipline
- 4+ years of experience in file system development, kernel and device driver programming
- Masterclass in coding with C, C++
- Knowledge of Windows kernel drivers, loadable file system modules
- Knowledge of distributed file system, CIFS protocol and distributed locks is a plus
- Knowledge of I/O paradigms of relational database – MS-SQL, DB2, IDS or Sybase
- Good in file system architectures.
- Experience with filter drivers, storage stack and/or network stack.
- Experience in clustering and distributed file systems design is highly desirable.
- Experience with kernel debuggers, Good to have
- Knowledge and passion for solid software engineering practices, release processes and project life cycles.
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written. Must be able to write clear functional specifications and design documents and engage with customers on technical discussions.
- Self-directed; requires minimal supervision on work products
- Strong team player. Willingness to proactively interact with the team and achieve results in a dynamic small company environment
- Expert troubleshooting and debugging skills
- Expertise of cryptography including TLS
- Experience on development, implementation of cryptographic algorithms, devices and, procedures
- Fast learner and team player with effective communication skills.
- Innovative thinker in all areas of system design and debugging.
- Proven ability to initiate original and creative technical efforts.
- Ability to multitask, and work effectively in fast-paced environment.
- Familiarity with security software is a plus
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!
Click to apply for free candidate
⏰ 30-12-2023🌏 Meerut, Uttar Pradesh
⏰ 23-12-2023🌏 Greater Noida, Uttar Pradesh
⏰ 31-12-2023🌏 Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh
⏰ 26-12-2023🌏 Mathura, Uttar Pradesh
⏰ 05-01-2024🌏 Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh
⏰ 29-12-2023🌏 Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh
⏰ 31-12-2023🌏 Meerut, Uttar Pradesh
⏰ 22-12-2023🌏 Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh
⏰ 05-01-2024🌏 Agra, Uttar Pradesh
⏰ 26-12-2023🌏 Greater Noida, Uttar Pradesh