Update day: 26-09-2023
pSemi Corporation is a Murata company driving semiconductor integration. pSemi builds on Peregrine Semiconductor’s 30-year legacy of technology advancements and strong IP portfolio but with a new mission—to enhance Murata’s world-class capabilities with high-performance semiconductors. With a strong foundation in RF integration, pSemi’s product portfolio now spans power management, connected sensors, optical transceivers, antenna tuning and RF frontends. These intelligent and efficient semiconductors enable advanced modules for smartphones, base stations, personal computers, electric vehicles, data centers, IoT devices and healthcare. From headquarters in San Diego and offices around the world, pSemi’s team explores new ways to make electronics for the connected world smaller, thinner, faster and better.
The Senior Engineer focuses on the design of deep sub-micron CMOS ASIC (Application Specific Integrated Circuits) for ultra-low power consumption sensor module applications. The product line includes ultra-low power, compact, high performance sensors for barometric pressure, magnetic, gas, gyroscopes, and accelerometers. The candidate will support the IC components and the sensor modules during the entire product life cycle from product definition through product release. The candidate will also contribute to advanced developments by both creating new product families and improving existing ones. As part of a cross-functional product development team the candidate will support other essential disciplines including marketing and applications, project management, characterization, test engineering and production.
Good communication skills for interfacing with product development, test, process, and reliability engineers is required. This position is located in our Design Center in Chennai, India.
Roles & Responsibilities
This position has responsibility for:
- Design Verilog/System Verilog RTL
- Aid in Specifying Verification Tests
- Provide Backend support (Synthesis, Timing closure, DFT)
- Support AMS Verification
- Support Test Vector Generation and Provide Test Vectors
- Support/Generate Digital Characterization Programs
- Perform Digital Characterization Data Analysis
- Support ATE test vector generation, Silicon Validation
- Assist in failure analysis
In order to perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Critical Thinking: Skilled at finding logical flaws in arguments and plans; identifies problems and solutions that others might miss; provides detailed insight and constructive criticism into problems and complex situations
- Working Independently/Working with Ambiguity: Complete assigned tasks with some guidance from more senior engineers
- Displaying Technical Expertise: Keeps his/her technical skills current; effectively applies specialized knowledge and skills to perform work tasks; understands and masters the technical skills, knowledge, and tasks associated with his/her job; shares technical expertise with others
- Driving for Results: Aggressively pursues challenging goals and objectives; takes a highly focused, goal driven approach toward work
- Making Accurate Judgments and Decisions:Bases decisions on a systematic review of relevant facts and information; avoids making assumptions or rushing to judgment; provides clear rationale for decisions
Minimum Qualifications (Experience and Skills)
- 5+ years of experience developing RTL/Digital circuits for ASICs
- Demonstrated experience and strong technical skills in designing digital circuits, state-machines, serial interfaces, in integrating IP such as SRAM, OTP, Microcontroller/CPU cores and Verilog RTL, in the context of high-performance mixed-signal ASICs / SoCs.
- Knowledge of design verification techniques
- Familiarity with serial interface standards such as SPI or I2C
- Familiarity with Place and Route tools
- Experience with Cadence or Synopsys tool suite. (Synthesis, Place and Route, STA, CDC, Low power, DFT)
- Software programming ability in high level languages such as C or Visual Basic as well as scripting languages such as python
- Knowledge of Sensors, delta-sigma modulators, decimation/interpolation filters, low-power design, in deep sub-micron technology is highly desired
- Experience with Standard Cell Library development and characterization
- Experience handling test equipment such as oscilloscopes, function generators, DVMs
- Ability to work in a fast paced, multi-tasking environment
- Excellent verbal/written communication and presentation skills
- Experience in working with global design and cross functional teams
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
pSemi Corporation supports a diverse workforce and is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees. pSemi does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex/gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions or breastfeeding), gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin (including language use restrictions and possession of a driver’s license issued under Vehicle Code section 12801.9), ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally-protected medical condition, military or veteran status (including “protected veterans” under applicable affirmative action laws), marital status, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal laws applicable to the Company. pSemi also prohibits discrimination based on the perception that an employee or applicant has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics.
Note: The Peregrine Semiconductor name, Peregrine Semiconductor logo and UltraCMOS are registered trademarks and the pSemi name, pSemi logo, HaRP and DuNE are trademarks of pSemi Corporation in the U.S. and other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective companies. pSemi products are protected under one or more of the following U.S. Patents: http://patents.psemi.com
Click to apply for free candidate
⏰ 16-11-2023🌏 Chennai, Tamil Nadu
💸 ₹1,50,000 - ₹4,00,000 a year⏰ 17-10-2023🌏 Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu
⏰ 14-10-2023🌏 Chennai, Tamil Nadu
⏰ 30-10-2023🌏 Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu
💸 Up to ₹3,00,000 a year⏰ 16-11-2023🌏 Salem, Tamil Nadu
💸 From ₹15,000 a month⏰ 17-10-2023🌏 Chennai, Tamil Nadu
⏰ 30-10-2023🌏 Tuticorin, Tamil Nadu
⏰ 23-10-2023🌏 Tuticorin, Tamil Nadu
⏰ 25-10-2023🌏 Kanchipuram, Tamil Nadu
⏰ 01-11-2023🌏 Vellore, Tamil Nadu