Update day: 05-12-2023
Category: Human Resources
Industry: Information Technology
At IBM, our Project Managers excel by leading and coordinating a project team’s overall performance, scope, cost, and deliverables. Our clients rely on timely and efficient status reports, and as Project Manager, you will drive the charge with project direction, metric definition, and performance management. If you are ready to help our clients and project teams succeed, we would love to meet you!
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM’s Purpose is to be essential to our clients, to the world and one another and we are confident that together as IBMers we will drive this purpose. When you join IBM you join a culture of openness, teamwork, trust, and the invitation and expectation to have a voice. Join us and Do your Best Work Ever.
We are recognized gold standard for inclusion, reflected in winning, to name a few, the 2018 Catalyst Award for advancing women in business, the National Award ’Best Employer of People with Disabilities’ and being named one of the top 5 2018 Top Companies for Women Technologists for building an inclusive work environment — We advocate for fairness and equality as everyone is, and always has been, welcome at IBM.
We at IBM Global Business Services (GBS) are a dynamic group of Business, Strategy and Technology professionals - a specific source of best-in-class Industry Consulting, Application and Business process management, supported by the industry’s most sophisticated outcome-based delivery model. All designed to be the Digital Reinvention partner for leading clients across the world - providing value-led and asset-powered end to end solutions.
With a global footprint in over 170 countries, we are empowering clients to build upon their tremendous heritage in Application Innovation processes and also transform them to a Cloud, Cognitive and Social centric world. With skills across six sectors and 17 industries, all major service lines and competencies, IBM’s GBS is a promising business unit in itself to be a part of.
Through our unrivaled global delivery network; IBM offers global expertise coupled with a deep understanding of local capabilities, markets and cultures you could be part of and partner on some great projects with some of the best corporations in the world across geographies.Who you are:A Technology Advisor, who not only understand the technology but how it affects their area of the business; trends associated with the technology; functional area and industries and the value propositions for clients to rotate to the newIndividuals how have a desire to be client-facing and develop a career that involves being at the forefront in communicating to C-suite individuals about how SAP can help them achieve their strategic initiatives What you’ll do:
- You will work closely with our clients and demonstrate professional knowledge to ensure that the work products and delivery are of the highest level to ensure client satisfaction.
- Delivery advisory services to the IT Function of organizations: CIO/CTO/CDO
- Lead large-scale, global work streams requiring specific knowledge of SAP within your functional or industry area of expertise
- Leading teams of junior on-shore and off-shore resources to mobilize and deliver SAP solutions with Go-to-Market activities
- Deconstruct key business problems to identify value areas and structure and implement complex technology solutions for clients around SAP solutions
- Handle the designated project through all relevant stages of the systems lifecycle from project initiation through to project closure and review
- Lead complex projects, effective resource planning, technical leadership and management. There is also huge potential for you to drive through improvements
- Deliver advisory services in support of technology-enabled business change (integrator selection, vendor selection, application studies, solution architecture, or program diagnostics and recovery)
- Craft creative and differentiated SAP offerings, staying relevant and in sync with market changes and innovations
- Grow market share by demonstrating relationships, winning work and being integral to delivery of on-shore consulting engagements
- Independently plans installs, integrates and validates systems software and hardware solutions.
- Leads technical change implementation across environments.
- Acquires and applies broad knowledge of the business, its products, and processes.
- Resolves issues and navigates obstacles to deliver work product
- If you desire to be in a Client facing role, and develop a career that involves being at the forefront of IBM’s transformation to the Cloud, we can help you achieve that.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 12+ to 18 years of Project Management experience with at least 2 of them being complex in nature
- 10+ Years of SAP experience in applicable module(s) - including complete project life-cycle experience as well as maintenance and enhancement responsibilities.
- Deep knowledge of the selected integration architecture packages preferred
- Ability to lead extended teams with Business Development experience and Consulting.
- PMP Certified (Project Management Professional)
- Experience in onsite-offshore delivery model
- Tried work in full life-cycle implementations and validated project management capability required
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Knowledge of I/S methodologies and a project’s impact on the company required
- Experience with SAP BI Suite and associated tools would be an added advantage
About Business UnitIBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world’s economy. IBM Services partners with the world’s leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBMWhat matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About IBMIBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
Location StatementWhen applying to jobs of your interest, we recommend that you do so for those that match your experience and expertise. Our recruiters advise that you apply to not more than 3 roles in a year for the best candidate experience.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBMIBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Click to apply for free candidate
⏰ 02-01-2024🌏 Dharwad, Karnataka
⏰ 31-12-2023🌏 Shimoga, Karnataka
⏰ 19-01-2024🌏 Mysore, Karnataka
⏰ 19-01-2024🌏 Shimoga, Karnataka
⏰ 02-01-2024🌏 Hubli, Karnataka