Category: Finance / Bank / Stock
Industry: Financial Services
The World Bank Group (WBG) is one of the world’s largest sources of funding and knowledge for developing countries. It uses financial resources and extensive experience to help our client countries to reduce poverty, increase economic growth, and improve quality of life. To ensure that countries can access the best global expertise and help generate cutting-edge knowledge, the World Bank Group is constantly seeking to improve the way it works. Key priorities include delivering measurable results, promoting openness and transparency in development, and improving access to development information and data. Innovation and partnership bond the five institutions of the World Bank Group (WBG): the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD) and the International Development Association (IDA), which together form the World Bank; the International Finance Corporation (IFC); the Multilateral Investment Guarantee Agency (MIGA); and the International Centre for Settlement of Investment Disputes (ICSID). The World Bank Group is one of the world’s largest sources of funding and knowledge for developing countries.
The World Bank Group (WBG)’s twin goals of ending extreme poverty and promoting shared prosperity reflect a new global landscape: one in which developing countries have an unprecedented opportunity to end extreme poverty within a generation.
The Corporate Procurement Division SPACP is responsible for the acquisition of goods and services to support World Bank Group’s offices worldwide. SPACP has offices in Washington, DC and Chennai, India providing support to clients for all aspects of the acquisition process, including, competitive selection, contract negotiation, purchase order issuance, change order processing and contract administration.
Position/Task Location and General Description:
The Procurement Associate position in Technology and Innovation is in Chennai. This position reports to a Procurement Specialist under the managerial responsibility of a Senior Procurement Specialist in Corporate Procurement. The Procurement Associate will be responsible for projects that cut across technology and innovation for Corporate Procurement. The position requires effective skills and relevant work experience in the field of technology and innovation, project management, managing interpersonal relationships and excellent communication skills. Direct client interface would form a core part of the work.
The Technology and Innovation Team within the Corporate Procurement Division is responsible for delivering transformative technologies and process innovation to support high quality, customer centric procurement services. The Procurement Specialist, Technology and Innovation works with key stakeholders including Corporate Procurement Division staff, IT staff and World Bank Group Finance staff.
Work requirements of this position may require adjustments to the work schedule to support clients within different time zones. Work requirements of this position may involve some travel.
Duties and Responsibilities
Key accountabilities for these positions include:
- Robotic Processing Innovation (RPA) Bot Developer/Creator – instrumental in identifying, documenting, designing, and producing business processes for automation.
- Develop future state technology roadmap to integrate emerging technologies
- Contribute subject matter expertise (SME) on technology and serve as a techno-functional resource
- Assist and support in assessing business operations to identify opportunities for implementation of new and emerging technologies and process efficiencies
- Setup, test and monitor automated workflows to ensure optimal efficiency without risk of error
- Understand business needs, develop process diagrams, and define functional requirements
- Assist and support in developing systems scope, design and develop new systems
- Assist and support in managing end to end implementation of new systems and post-implementation transition through to stable state
- Monitor operating efficiency of existing systems, provide for proactive maintenance, and manage vendor performance for technology contracts in scope
- Assess dependencies, potential issues and risks across systems and mitigate identified risks
- Collaborate with technical teams, application stakeholders, enterprise architects, information security and business intelligence teams
- Review WBG policies, procedures, and practices to determine specifications and requirements for systems implementation
- Provide inputs to project time and cost estimates
Work implies frequent interaction with the following:
- Bank Group staff at all levels, typically Business Unit Managers, Category Leads, Category Managers, IT Officers, IT Directors and Managers, Chief Administrative Officers, and IT Project Managers
- Consultants and supplier representatives, typically sales representatives, heads of companies and VPs, account managers and commodity specialists, and technical representatives.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Procurement, Business Administration, or other relevant discipline; coupled with courses/certificates in information technology, procurement; or equivalent combination of education and experience with 5 years of relevant experience
- Strong knowledge and proficiency in RPA development and implementation
- Expertise in business process re/engineering, process streamlining, process improvements and accelerated development methodology with diversified application experience
- In depth knowledge and experience in developing and implementing business-driven architecture in multiple, sophisticated, and complex technical environments while anticipating and mitigating risks
- Strong technology functional experience with exposure to diverse technical configurations
- Diversified global exposure in engaging with and managing the clients and solution providers across the globe
- Ability to analyze business requirements and convert into technical requirements and effective business systems solutions
- Proficient knowledge of information technology including system design, planning and project management
- Demonstrated ability of expressing thoughts and ideas effectively through oral and written communications
- Ability to work sensitively in multicultural environments and build effective working relations with clients, colleagues, and other stakeholders
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively in a team environment and cope with work stress effectively
- Experience in capacity building techniques in technology and innovation in procurement, sourcing, and category management
- Proven project management skills
- Proven dispute resolution skills
- Understanding of category management, sourcing, and procurement techniques
- Ability to deal sensitively in multi-cultural environments and build effective working relations with clients and colleagues
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to function effectively in multi-disciplinary teams within a matrix management environment.
- Strong client service orientation
World Bank Group Core Competencies
The World Bank Group offers comprehensive benefits, including a retirement plan; medical, life and disability insurance; and paid leave, including parental leave, as well as reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity and inclusive employer with a dedicated and committed workforce, and do not discriminate based on gender, gender identity, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability.
Learn more about working at theWorld BankandIFC, including our values and inspiring stories.
Click to apply for free candidate
💸 Negotiate⏰ 27-09-2022🌏 Punjab, Ludhiana
💸 5000⏰ 27-09-2022🌏 Faridkot, Punjab, Ludhiana
💸 5000⏰ 27-09-2022🌏 Ludhiana, Punjab
💸 35000⏰ 24-09-2022🌏 Gujrat, Ahmedabad
💸 9000⏰ 12-09-2022🌏 Chhattisgarh, Raipur, Bhagalpur
💸 9000⏰ 12-09-2022🌏 Madhya Pradesh, Bhopal, Andhra Pradesh
💸 50000⏰ 12-09-2022🌏 Gujrat, Vapi, Raipur
💸 8000⏰ 11-09-2022🌏 Raipur, Bihar, Gujrat
💸 15000⏰ 11-09-2022🌏 Nagar, Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh
💸 Negotiate⏰ 10-09-2022🌏 Palakkad / Palghat, Wayanad, Kerala