DIRECTOR - ENGINEERING
Location: Bengaluru / Bangalore Karnataka
Category: Restaurant / Hotel / Tourism
Summary of the role
Hospitality is aiming to become the industry leader that delivers modern, innovative solutions to our customers and enables them to run their businesses more efficiently, more profitably and deliver a great experience for their guest. In order to succeed we are expanding our R&D teams in Bengaluru with the objective to build a strong functional and technical team contributing to multiple products of the Hospitality portfolio.
This resource will have a key role in this strategy by leading the development teams in charge of the Configuration, Channel Configuration, Feed, Change Discovery Engine and Channel Hub products benefiting the Central Reservation System, Property Management System, Channel Manager and contributing to their associated P&L.
She/He will also contribute to the Shopping Engine product with several teams designing and developing in collaboration with teams in Nice. The Shopping Engine is a key element of Amadeus strategy to empower hotels to fully differentiate and sell personalized experiences beyond room types.
This leader will have to help growing the teams (developers, business analysts and quality assurance engineers) to achieve our delivery objectives, nurturing local expertise and technical excellence, taking leadership on the development and maintenance of our products according to our quality standards. He will have to help building collaborations cross teams, cross sites and cross products within Hospitality organization.
Your main responsibilities
- Translate the Hospitality objectives and projects into concrete action plan for the Department
- Lead the solutioning, cost estimation and planning of the activities. Track and report on deliveries and cost
- Contribute to the vision in terms of CRS/PMS R&D organization in line with business priorities, footprint strategy and budget.
- Organize the Hotel Configuration department for friction less, efficient and predictable development. Create Feature Teams when it makes sense.
- Help creating ONE virtual Shopping team with Nice sharing common objectives, ways of working and collaboration principles.
- Anticipate the resource needs and priorities, work with P&C and Purchase department to identify and secure internal and/or external resources
- Define and follow-up objectives of Managers in line with organization goals
- Conduct annual appraisal interviews
- Provide input for salary reviews
- Assist, guide and motivate team members in their assigned functions
- Ensure proper communication regarding organization, changes, priorities and challenges.
- Nurture collaboration cross teams, cross sites and cross products within Hospitality organization.
- Contribute building ONE Shopping team cross-sites sharing common objectives, ways of working and collaboration principles."
- Contribute to the platform vision and design in line with the objective to become #1 in the Hospitality industry.
- Define the mid term and long term evolution of the Configuration, Channel profile and Feed components.
- Build, action and follow up on a technical backlog in collaboration with Architecture team for each of the components in charge.
- Contribute to the evolution of the Shopping in collaboration with the team in Nice
- Support product management to build the product strategy for Hotel IT.
- Provide information and contribute to RFP responses and business cases.
About the ideal candidate
- BE/BTech graduate with min 16 years of IT experience from a product development company, should have relevant experience in managing a distributed product development environment
- Able to translate strategy into achievable objectives and mobilizes teams.
- Deep understanding of industry and business uses financial indicators effectively to drive business decisions.
- Proficient with functional and technical knowledge to lead teams to perform at excellence level.
- Manages the customer relationship ensuring quality service is provided.
- Adjusts message to different audiences, presents complex concepts in an easy to understand manner.
- Establishes mature and solid contacts to enable objective achievement. Faces and resolves internal conflicts.
- Leads team to achieve results exceeding expectations. Provides room for direct reports to grow and manage their teams.
- Selects and develops their direct reports at managerial level.
- Able to integrate multiple sources of information to take decisions. Collaborates with others in decision making process on a large scale.
- Understands and transmits need of change, supporting and motivating others to initiate it.
- Able to put in practice new ideas and stimulates creativity in the team.
Are you the one we’re looking for? Apply now!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and seek to hire the best candidate regardless of age, beliefs, disability, ethnicity, gender or sexual orientation.
Any duplication and display of partial or full content of our job advertisement on any support, such as brochures, websites, mail, emails, this list is not exhaustive, is strictly forbidden without prior formal Amadeus’ authorization.
Recruitment agencies: Amadeus does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Amadeus employees or any other company location. Amadeus is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Click to apply for free candidate
💸 ₹18,000 - ₹25,000 a month⏰ 23-04-2023🌏 Bengaluru / Bangalore, Karnataka
⏰ 11-04-2023🌏 Bengaluru / Bangalore, Karnataka
💸 ₹10,848 - ₹31,844 a month⏰ 28-04-2023🌏 Bengaluru / Bangalore, Karnataka
⏰ 27-04-2023🌏 Bengaluru / Bangalore, Karnataka
⏰ 15-04-2023🌏 Bengaluru / Bangalore, Karnataka
⏰ 11-04-2023🌏 Bengaluru / Bangalore, Karnataka
⏰ 21-04-2023🌏 Bengaluru / Bangalore, Karnataka
💸 ₹15,000 - ₹18,000 a month⏰ 22-04-2023🌏 Bengaluru / Bangalore, Karnataka
💸 ₹25,000 - ₹30,000 a month⏰ 15-04-2023🌏 Bengaluru / Bangalore, Karnataka
💸 ₹30,000 - ₹35,000 a month⏰ 15-04-2023🌏 Bengaluru / Bangalore, Karnataka